Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Favorite Time of Day on a Disney Cruise



It’s been 3 months since my last Disney Cruise.  I find myself day dreaming about our wonderful Disney vacation.

In addition to EVERYTHING else on the ship, in the ports, and at Castaway Cay, there’s a part of each day on board that I find is my favorite.  It’s the time of day, late in the afternoon, almost on the cusp of evening.  It’s the time just before the main dinner seating.

You see, at that time of day, the ship’s energy changes from one of relaxed and tropical, to a more upbeat fun and energetic vibe.  Guests are getting ready for the evening’s activities and tend to gather in the Lobby Atrium on Deck 3 to greet characters, pose for photos, and wait for dinner.

Check out the video:

Another part of what makes this time of day my favorite, is that the ship is typically sailing by this point.  I love to see the sea whip past with white tipped waves out of the big round port holes on Deck 3.  I love to feel the slight rocking of the boat as it hits open sea when we head to dinner.  I like to watch out of the window at dinner—if I can see out a window—a watch the land fade into the horizon.

This time of day is my favorite also because I know a great meal awaits me.  The menu choices will dazzle me and I will get to delight in various tastes and smells.  I will also get to visit with our table mates and share the day’s adventures.

After spending most of the day together as a family, I also know that after the boy finished eating, he will head to the kids club and the husband and I will finish our meals at a more leisurely pace.  And, the husband and I will have time to ourselves before retrieving the boy from the club to catch a show as a family.

We often stroll deck 4 and take in the sunset, or browse the shops, or scout out the adult lounges. . . whatever we feel like doing before rejoining with the boy.  The time apart is healthy and we all look forward to it.

No matter your favorite time of day, there will be something to enjoy and amuse you and your family on a Disney Cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment