Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Gotta Love The Camera


I have come to the frightening conclusions that I have a love/hate relationship with my digital camera.  Our GE point and shoot has some lovely features, such as rechargeable battery, a large display screen, multiple settings, and 5X optical zoom.  I remember purchasing it on sale several years ago.  It has become a necessary accessory to document the doings in our life that end up in photo books, holiday cards, and this blog.

My discovery was fully realized the other day when I was picking out photos for the digital photo book I was making, but it has been a long time coming.  I can recall deleting several photos from downloads for being less than quality.

Yet, there are times when I am surprised by a photo or even thrilled.  Like this one taken at Lights, Motors, Action at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.  I must confess that I know this climax moment is about to happen and have the camera ready.  Though, I’m still surprised that my little camera caught all of this in one shot!


Yet, this same camera, took this less than quality photo at Les Chefs de France.

The camera went with us to the balloon races and caught this great photo.  That same evening, the camera was having a difficult time opening the lens cover the whole way when turned on and we got photos with shaded borders due to the faulty operation.

The photo has gone with us to multiple swimming locations and I have captured some amazing photos from distances.  I’m still amazed at capturing the boy coming out of the tunnel slide at the pool.  This meant that I couldn’t see him until he was at the opening, and yet, got the shot from across the pool.

And, yet, the same camera gives less than wonderful photos on the same day.


As I write this, I wonder if it isn’t the camera, but the operator.  Especially since I’m not ready or willing to purchase another camera at this time, I am going to have to learn to love my camera again, or at least appreciate it for what it can do.  And, possibly play with the settings some more and see if we can up the percentage of pictures.  I am also grateful that I’m working with digital here and photos can easily be deleted and SD cards erased.  Imagine if I were still using film!

No comments:

Post a Comment