Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I Have Failed As A "Disney" Wife



I have failed as a “Disney” wife.  Nine trips, another one on the way, and still, I have failed.

Yesterday, I casually mentioned to the husband that our ADR day was next week.  He looked at me and said, “What’s an ADR?”

I replied, “Advanced Dining Reservation.”  He’s still looking at me trying to figure out what I was saying.  No recognition.  Okay, I need to contextualize this for him.  “At Disney.”  Oh, then he got it.

It was at that moment that I felt like I had failed and I told him.  So, he challenged me to give him another Disney term.  Okay, “TTC.” 

The guessing began.  Tomorrowland Transit Authority.  No, that didn’t work.  Transportation.  Ticket and Transportation Area.  He was getting closer.  Ticket and Transportation Center.  He got it.  Great!

“Where is the TTC located?”  I was willing to accept a variety of answers, 

His was, “The monorail takes you there.”  I will quit while I’m ahead, or he is with his answers.

The husband reads each blog post, and when I searched the posts with “ADR” it had 54 hits, meaning that 54 blog posts contained something about “ADR’s”.  27 posts contained “Advanced Dining Reservation.” 

Anyway, the good news is that we are six months from our next Disney Cruise and Walt Disney World stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment