Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Over Packing--Help Is Needed!


Confession time. . . I over packed.  Yep, I over packed for our July 2013 twelve day stay at Walt Disney World. 

How much did I over pack?  About a week’s worth!

When we were unpacking the suitcases, and putting away the clean clothes, the husband said “I had enough underwear to stay another week.”  Yes, he did.

Even after wearing many sets of matching shirts including the trip to Orlando and the return trip home, we still had 7 sets of shirts in the suitcases that were never worn.  Just have to save them for the next trip!

Over packing is something I have done on all of our trips.  The clothes just keep going into the suitcase and I can’t stop.  Mostly because I want to have choices once we arrive at our destination.  Maybe the shirts I packed aren’t what I want to wear that day—either based on weather, plans, or mood. 


Another reason I over pack is that I don’t want to “have” to buy something that we forgot or need when we are traveling.  I want to be prepared for any contingency.


Our suitcases fit the size and weight limits for checked bags, so my over packing hasn’t gone too far.


I have heard all of the suggestions. . . pack and then take out half of what you packed, or lay out your items and then put a half of them away.  My brain knows this but it doesn’t stop the hands and arms from stuffing items into suitcases.  It is comforting to know we have everything we need.

It is obvious that this is an area that is going to require significant intervention.  Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment