Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Disney Wedding In Our Future?




“Mom, I can get married at Disney World.”  Those words crossed the boy’s lips just the other day.  As a proud mom and Disney fan, I was thrilled that the idea was even in his head.  At the same time, I realize he is only 10—more than a decade away from being married-- and his potential mate would have a lot to say about a wedding location. 

But his words demonstrated several things.  One, he is beginning to see himself as a future adult.  Whew!  This is a good thing!

Also, he thinks he might want to get married some day.  This means his dad and I are modeling a loving relationship and it is something that the boy aspires to have, too.  Another good thing!

And, it means that my “seed planting” took root.  On more than one occasion I have pointed out various locations of where weddings might take place at the Walt Disney World Resort.  The husband would just roll his eyes. 

After the announcement of his potential wedding location, which happened at the dinner table, I kept my cool and probed some more.  “What makes you say that?”

He went on to say that he could ride in something special, like Cinderella’s carriage, and that he and his “girlfriend” could go on the Little Mermaid ride and “smooch.”  He said, “it would be romantic.”

I told him I would be proud to come to his wedding at any location and our conversation shifted to something else.

As for a future mate, surely the boy will choose someone he has a lot in common with, such as a love for all things Disney; which would make the dream of a Disney wedding much more feasible.  And, if she isn’t a Disney fan?  Well, we will do our best to convert her! (I can hear the husband rolling his eyes.)

2 comments:

  1. I think you and your husband should renew your wedding vows at Disney World. And make them fun vows like I promise to take you on splash mountain crazy disney vows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael,
      Your idea cracks me up. We are generating our vows right now! I promise to go to Downtown Disney by myself while the husband soaks in the hot tub at Coronado Springs. Or the husband promising that he will not get grumpy and will lead once in a while. Oh, so many ideas!

      Delete