Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I Love Talking To Our Travel Agent!

I love it when my travel agent calls!  She phoned last night and left a message, so I returned her call today.  Every time we talk, it means excitement and adventure are just around the corner.

Seems my name came up when she was having lunch with a friend, who asked HER why we still use a travel agent.  Something about having done “this” enough times that surely I would know how to do it on my own.  Our travel agent had a quick and spot on reply, “She likes the service and the discounts.”  Exactly!  I did find it ironic that the travel agent was being asked the question and not the customer, but the universe is like that sometimes.

I told her that I get asked that question regularly and that I actually wrote about it our blog—click here to read why we use a travel agent.  The husband said he even gets asked that question at his work.  I didn’t know that until today when I was sharing about my phone call.

I also appreciate that our travel agent appreciates us, as clients.
 
So, we made a date to visit again in January, when we will book the Walt Disney World portion of our summer trip, as January is AAA’s Disney month!  Our 16 day adventure already includes a 7 night sailing on the Disney Fantasy. I also reminded her that Disney typically releases its summer discounts in April, so we would most likely revisit our reservation at that point.  There might even be other incentives!


I wished her happy holidays and hung up the phone.  Now, to wait until January!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you really have a great travel agent! That could only mean great vacations, right? I agree that having a good travel agent can improve your trip. Aside from the obvious that they know the nitty-gritty of the places you’ll go to, they can also get you free room upgrades, hard-to-find tickets, and cheaper airfares. Have you been to Disneyland this spring?

    Shaun Caldwell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaun Caldwell,
      Yes, we do have a great travel agent! But no Disneyland. . . yet!
      Thanks for asking!

      Delete