Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Trying To Contain Disney Enthusiasm

How do you, if ever, hide or contain your Disney enthusiasm?  Most of the time, I want to shout from the rooftops that we are going to Disney!  I know it isn’t appropriate in many settings, so I don’t of course.  But it can be difficult.  So, I show my Disney enthusiasm instead.

Instead of shouting, I subtley share my Disney enthusiasm by what I wear.  Almost daily, the small gold hoops with a hidden Mickey dangling from them don my ears.  Other accessories, such as scarves and necklaces demonstrate to on-lookers that I am a fan.  The Mickey watch is another clue.  And, during the winter months, the Mickey gloves that come out of my coat pocket are a reminder of my concealed excitement.

Other hints of my Disney enthusiasm can be found in what I use.  The pen I write with may have Disney characters.  Find me eating lunch and you may discover a spoon or fork with a hidden Mickey shape on the end.  Of course my lunch box is also Disney themed. 
The bag I carry to and from work each day also has Mickey on it—both inside and outside.  And when that bag wears out, there is another Disney themed bag ready to take its place.

Catch me relaxing at home and you would discover a Mickey robe and slippers.  You may even find Walt Disney World Resort or Disney Cruise Line toiletries in the bath and shower. 

The boy has a rotation of Disney pillow cases and there is a set of Disney themed sheets for our king size bed.

In the kitchen, I enjoy using Mickey measuring spoons, measuring cups, and spatulas when whipping up a dish.  And, my Mickey apron keeps me clean along with the Mickey shaped soap dispenser.  If I hand you the salt and pepper shakers, they will look like Mickey and Minnie.

We have two vehicles, each with Disney magnets or window clings designating our preferred destination.

And, if you are a friend or family member, you have received at least one Disney themed gift—possibly more!

Hiding Disney enthusiasm?  Not for me.  I can’t do it.  I promise not to shout though.

No comments:

Post a Comment