Welcome to the Williams Family Blog!

Now that you have found us, we invite you to return often for more adventures!


We Came To Play!

We Came To Play!

Opening Magic Kingdom

Opening Magic Kingdom

Friday, January 2, 2015

"Everything Ok?" Yes!




The comment came via email—“I miss your blog.  Everything ok?”   My response—Yes, everything is ok.  Took a break.  A big break.  A little over two month break.  Regrouping and recouping and ready to dig back in.

Why?  When I started writing and posting over four years ago, it was because it was fun; enjoyable.  The ideas would pop into my head and onto the screen.  I was one person producing more than a thousand posts with over a half a million hits.  Late this fall, it stopped being fun and felt more like work.  And, there are enough things in life that feel like and are obligations.  I did not want this to be one of them, so I took a break.  The ideas are flowing again!

There may be some changes to the Williams Family Blog over the next few months as I tackle topics beyond Disney—nothing controversial though.  You see, in my life beyond the screen there is much more to me and I haven’t always shared for no particular reason other than the topics were well “off topic.”   To that end, here are three things that you may not have known about me:

1.      I am passionate about couponing and saving money.  So much so that a friend and I teach couponing classes.  Having just finished the holiday season it was fun to see how much money I could save on gifts and other items.  Saving has become a family affair with the boy checking prices and the husband cutting coupons.  Our saving feeds our Disney addiction, too!
2.      Speaking of teaching. . . I am an educator in the public school system and have been for 25 years.  I work with a group of the most dedicated and passionate people who give their all for kids every day and at the end of the day go home and take care of their families.  Want to know who I would choose to be with in a crisis or an emergency?  It’s them (and my family of course).  They all have unique gifts and talents and use them to the best of their abilities. 
3.      I have helped people from across the street to across the globe plan their Disney vacations.  Farthest away?  Perth, Australia.  Yes, from right here in the middle of the Midwest!  It truly is a small world!

Three things you may or may not have known about the writer behind the posts yet all of those things affect the voice in the writing and offer a lens for our experiences. 

Thanks for checking on me, Anonymous.   Everything is ok.  Hope you keep reading!

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear that all is well! I recently discovered your blog (I posted about 2 months ago on your Shutters picture post) and have been checking for updates ever since. Was hoping your family was okay.
    Your post convinced me to buy the picture package and I'm so glad. We got 203 wonderful pictures that will be cherished forever.

    I know what you mean about the blog losing its fun. Years ago I had a food blog and after a few years, hundreds of posts and thousands of readers I had to let the blog go. It started fun but turned into too much work. I do regret letting it go and wish I would have just took a break and picked back up on it. Maybe one day I will revive it. :-)

    Glad your back and I look forward to any future posts, even if they are not about Disney.

    I'm a homeschool mom and aways interested in anything education related so would love anything you write about in that regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 203 wonderful photos! Sounds like you made the right decision. We're going to "pre-order" on the DCL site next time and save a few dollars! And, glad you had a magical cruise. Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad to see you're back. I am looking forward to your upcoming posts--whatever the content. You have been missed by a complete stranger in PA. Happy New Year! Welcome back. H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, too! Thanks for your support. . . and for reading!

      Delete